UNIVERSAL SIM STYLE MADDEN LEAGUE
This is the home of the USSML.
New members please contact an administrator using the administrator link at the bottom of the page. This is so you can set up a time to play your tryout game.
This is the home of the USSML.
New members please contact an administrator using the administrator link at the bottom of the page. This is so you can set up a time to play your tryout game.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Madden Online Franchise Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about trades and trade committee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Question about trades and trade committee Empty
PostSubject: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:02 pm

I will admit that this is my first time taking part in a Madden Online Franchise and I am really enjoying it so far. However, the issues that have arisen in regards to trades and more to the point, the denial of certain trades and the forming of a trade committee, have me a bit confused.

Why is it that we feel the need to protect certain owner's from themselves? In the real world, sometimes teams make really bad trades and they have no one to blame but themselves. I understand that the commish needs to protect against teams TOTALLY self-destructing but how is one ever supposed to gain the upper hand if a trade can be denied if it is judged to be even remotely unfair? I think all trades should be accepted unless there is a concern that something is not legit or if it is clear that someone is cheating. If both owners legitamately agree to a trade, then the trade should go through. Otherwise we are just stripping people of their freedom to build their team as they see fit.

I saw that the Redskins and Cardinals owners tried to make a trade and everyone jumped on their backs about it and now we are at a point where no one can trade. Thats a bummer and all because everyone has their differing opinions on a trade that OTHER owners were trying to make.
There seems to be a little too much micro managing when it comes to trades. Just one man's opinion.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 pm

yeah i mean we just need to STOP COMMENTING on other ppls trades. if one person says uneven its like the whole italian mafia comes in firing. its a bit ridicualous.. I agree with seeing who is gunna stay but if the measuring stick leans a bit to the right. its no good. we need to consider more of positions of need, and how good they are in madden NOT IN REAL LIFE.

Last edited by $kins4Lif3 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mindyabizz

mindyabizz

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:13 pm

I think it's more to do with estabilishing the league 1st. An owner can make a bad trade then leave and that team will always be vacant because of it. I'd agree that once owners are certainly legit, let em make whatever trade they want.
Back to top Go down
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I totally understand where you're coming from Browns But it's exactly what Raiders owner said. Most Leagues die a quick death because owners come in, screw up a team, realize that they messed up and instead of owning it and handling their mismanagement....they leave. I'ce been a part of too many leagues to allow that to happen to ours. They leave with a mess of a team that nobody is willing to take over. The less owners a league has, the less active it is and the more likely it is to die.
I do believe that there will be a time when we won't even need a committee because all of our owners will show by their commitment and dedication they won't just mess up and quit. It is too easy for any owner to say to hell with it and disappear into the Internet wilderness.
For now, this is how it has to be. Those of us who want to be a part of a good league where we trust each other and wecan develop rivalries and simply have a blast doing something we enjoy will in time be glad that this is how we started out. Like I've said before, this league is going into madden 12 and beyond.
Back to top Go down
https://ussml.canadian-forum.com

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:45 pm

sweet madden 12 isa gunna be awesome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm

Thank you for your comments....I do understand the need to protect the league and as I stated in my original post, this is my first time taking part in an online franchise so I admittedly maybe don't realize all the things that could go wrong.

I just think, especially when reading the recent Redskins/Cardinals trade thread, that the judgment has gone a little over the top. There is truly nothing wrong with their trade. I don't mean to pick on anyone in particular so please do not take this personally, but we have the Broncos owner saying the trade is unfair based on Daryl Washington's POTENTIAL? So now, not only are we standing in judgment of trades but we are also being mind readers? What I mean by that is....how do you know if the Cardinals owner even cares about potential? How do you know he doesnt honestly believe that putting McNabb on his team would make him a contender now? Trading potential for proven talent happens all the time. I don't think its one owners place to tell another owner what he needs to be watching out for......

Like I said....I understand standing in judgment of trades if it is a ridiculous trade but this was far from that. It's one owner giving up a good CB and future potential for a proven QB (pretty important position no?)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:24 pm

Just to set the record straight: I never said I was dead set AGAINST a trade between those two teams occurring, I simply suggested that it be altered. I didn't feel like the Cardinals owner was getting equal value in return for what he was giving up.

If it were 100% certain that every single owner would stick around and manage their teams through the good and bad then we all could have free reign to trade as we wish. HOWEVER, that is the perfect scenario and it's NOT going to happen. There are always owners that don't last (as evidenced by the amount of guys whom already quit/got booted and we're just now starting week 2).

Should the Cards owner ever quit (not accusing him of being a quitter, but for the sake of the argument I'm using him as an example), I know it would be highly difficult to find somebody to take over the Cards when they're missing two of their best young players and didn't get back equal value in return.

Again, let me reiterate that my main grievance was with what he was actually getting in return, not who he was attempting to trade away. If he was receiving McNabb and another quality player or draft pick(s) I would have had no problem with the trade, but like I said in the trade thread: Reed Doughty is garbage.

The Skins owner is now willing to add draft picks to the deal, proving that DRC and Washington were in fact worth more than what was originally settled upon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 pm

yeah there was some confusion at the beginning but hopefully it is all solved out and we can move on.
Back to top Go down
OnlyOneBeerLeft

OnlyOneBeerLeft

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Trades have to benefit both teams equally, if one owner basically gets raped in a trade and gets mad because they ran their team into the ground and decides to quit then it makes it impossible to find a replacement owner. I suggest a player trade point value system like I've used in leagues that I have ran and been in.
Back to top Go down
http://vsndaily.com

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 am

I already offered something like that. It was a gpa like system wher u average out point values for key things like age Ovr pot etc
Back to top Go down
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 am

The fact that the Skins owner offered more shows that even he knew that the trade was uneven. There have been bad trades in all sports and that's how I want it to be here. There's nothing better than seeing a division rival get suckered into a bad trade. Wheeling and dealing is part of the fun of being in a league and I definitely want that for our league. For now though and until our owners show that they're committed, trades have to be monitored and we need a committee for it.
I mean, we're only in week two and we've lost close to ten owners. We've already had two separate owners attempt to control four teams and trade with themselves. If trades weren't being monitored they'd still be in here screwing shit up. Everyone will have free reign, but it's way too soon for it.
Back to top Go down
https://ussml.canadian-forum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about trades and trade committee   Question about trades and trade committee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about trades and trade committee
Page 1 of 1