UNIVERSAL SIM STYLE MADDEN LEAGUE
This is the home of the USSML.
New members please contact an administrator using the administrator link at the bottom of the page. This is so you can set up a time to play your tryout game.
This is the home of the USSML.
New members please contact an administrator using the administrator link at the bottom of the page. This is so you can set up a time to play your tryout game.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Madden Online Franchise Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

State of EVO2

Go down 
+10
Kharm516
dramamine
solinas22
Ares
RVallee
revischrist007
@BaileysBlitz
rogert020
jerry31082
Hittched
14 posters

Options
Shut it down
State of EVO2 Vote_lcap44%State of EVO2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
Pause until we get more owners
State of EVO2 Vote_lcap0%State of EVO2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Continue as is, subbing in for the 7 CPU teams
State of EVO2 Vote_lcap19%State of EVO2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 3 ]
Continue as is with a firm advance
State of EVO2 Vote_lcap37%State of EVO2 Vote_rcap
 37% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 5:17 pm

Pretty much ever since its inception EVO2 has faltered. Late advances, absentee owners are a couple of the main reasons I'm running this poll. We need to figure out what to do about the state that EVO2 is in right now.

Back to top Go down
https://ussml.canadian-forum.com
jerry31082

jerry31082

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:25 pm

i say shut it down. it's just a hassle to keep up and running when it can't carry it's own weight. just bring the good owners over to USSML that are not already there.
Back to top Go down
rogert020

rogert020

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 7:47 pm

I think we should continue as it is with a firm advance. Find some way to penalize those that do not get thier games in. Lose of draft picks maybe is an idea? We all have lives outside of this game, but when each one of us signed up we made a commitment to the other members of the league that each would do his part to make the league a success.
Obviously some have not kept up their end of the bargain, that being said the sense of urgency for this league needs to be invigorated.
Personnally I enjoy both leagues even if I get my tail kicked 70 % of the time. However if we keep losing owners, we have treat it like a lame horse and end the misery.
Back to top Go down
@BaileysBlitz

@BaileysBlitz

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 8:35 pm

I voted to shut it down, I'm good with any result but I feel focusing in ONE league will bring the best out of the USSML....there's multiple owners in both league's and it's already hard to schedule one game per advance this time of the year
Back to top Go down
http://www.baileysblitz.blogspot.com
revischrist007

revischrist007

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 9:15 pm

Would it make any sense to focus on SML, with the caveat that as we're only running one league we'll speed up the advance process ?
Back to top Go down
RVallee

RVallee

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 12:02 am

The only explanation I can see is that there are too many of us in both leagues, and those that are focus way more on USSML and don't pay much mind to EVO. That's all it can be. Its run exactly the same and one flourishes while the other falters. So the problem obviously isn't at the top.

Talking to the EVO-only people, they are certainly passionate about the league and definitely don't want it to go away. My thought is we need more of those people. I think whomever has answered to shut it down should drop the league and make way for other owners. The problem with that though is that there is currently 8 open teams and that would open who knows how many more.

The other problem is USSML is full, or maybe 1 opening. So we're set to lose a bunch of good possible owners. Maybe we continue on, subbing, and heavy recruit at the same time? Maybe knock it back to a 4 day advance to help people get scheduled?
Back to top Go down
Ares

Ares

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 1:34 am

I honestly feel the 3 day advance is whats killing it, theres no sense of urgency like in USSML. People are like oh i got 3 days to play my game, ill get it done eventually, while in ussml its, oh shit we advance in tomorrow, gotta get it done asap.

Back to top Go down

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 11:35 am

Id like to just finish this season then shut it down.
Back to top Go down
solinas22

solinas22

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2012 6:11 pm

i might be willing to take a team , let me know whats open
Back to top Go down
dramamine

dramamine

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:46 am

Seeing as I'm evo-only, I'd definitely like it to just keep moving while trying to find new owners to take over the open teams.
Back to top Go down
Kharm516

Kharm516

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 8:44 am

I would hate to see Evo not make it with that being said if the league doesn't have legs it can't run. I think this is really up to the commish and his leaders everything in this world that is ran by leaders starts at the top. I'll vote and wait to see what happens but the fact we're at this point is very telling.

Last edited by Kharm516 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 9:30 am

Ok here`s my verdict. I want everyone whose heart isn`t in it to simply drop out asap. We have some interest from new owners and I`d like to get these new guys set up asap and continue.
If you no longer want to be a part of EVO, you know you have no interest in it, you know you can`t make the advance deadline then pm me, drop out on PS3 or whatever. Just do it soon, so the people who are can keep moving on. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Ares

Ares

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 11:37 am

I say make it a 2 day advance if your doing that then Hittched. I honestly feel that doing that would make it alot better. SO those owners who arent commited drop out, those who are, will play within the 2 day advance.
Back to top Go down
Is@cc

Is@cc

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 12:59 pm

I agree with Ares, although i am guilty of not caring about evo as much as i do of sml im sure for me and others like me that wont change, but i have played my games, i have subbed for other ppl to keep it going, i just dont have the passion for it, i feel sml is something special and i dont think evo can replicate it, whether it be becuase of the new owners or the old ones, i dont think we can place balme on any1 in particualr but i know the 3 day advance hurts ppl more then it helps, even myself say since its 3 days i ahve no sense of urgency, ill continue to schedule and play my games, but voted for a shut down based solely on the widespread lack of passion for the lg. Sml is special becuase so many of us actually care and have invested so much in it, evo just seems like its gasping for air but not getting any, even the owners that play there games, on the chat its all sml, the blogs are pretty much all sml, trades for the most part take place in sml, improvements all go to sml, Gotta face facts SML is where its at!!!

Plus not for nothing but theres been some pretty unsim gameplay in evo, ive had some rotten experiences, i cant speak for any1 else but i know ive had some pretty unsim experiences
Back to top Go down
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 1:22 pm

2 day advance for EVO2 will be in. If we can crown two Super Bowl Champions, I`ll be content and not see it as a waste of my time and money. We also gained three new members today too so things are looking up.
Back to top Go down
rogert020

rogert020

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 2:02 pm

I posted a link in one of my other leagues to try and get us some new blood. I believe a couple of those guys came over.
Back to top Go down
smashsmash55

smashsmash55

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 3:18 pm

A lot of votes to shut it down come from guys who r in both leagues and those who r only in SML I'm in both and vote to keep it.EVO was suppose to be different from SML,yet it is the same.I thought it was created to be different.

I vote to sim rest of season and go to draft and FA period ,that will add some excitement.Since beside playing, the GM side is the most important part and fun part of it should be the most active part. It's like starting over without starting over and considering the schedule glitch.

Back to top Go down
stellite1

stellite1

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:12 pm

A two day advance sounds good to me. I've worked hard to get some things going for my Cardinals team and I'd like to finish out the season and get an offseason under my belt to see what I can do. Glad to see the league is being given another chance.
Back to top Go down
YellowMachine

YellowMachine

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 6:05 pm

I'm glad to see the league is staying. I'm also really happy with my team and would be sad to see the league go.

I feel that having a strict advance will make a bit more official. People will have to get their games in
Back to top Go down
Hittched
Admin
Hittched

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for that Rogert. Like I said EVO needs a shot in the arm and new members can provide just that. I haven't received any pms from anyone saying that they are going to drop out, even though I know some guys really don't want to continue on. To those guys I say, do the rest of us a favor and drop if you're not into it. As the only way EVO will thrive is if it has members who are passionate about the league and their team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

State of EVO2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: State of EVO2   State of EVO2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

State of EVO2
Page 1 of 1